Eternia & Rel McCoy put modern technology on blast in their gripping new video for “Wonderful World,” which serves as a sharply written observation of the very real impact of smartphones and social media in our daily lives.
As Eternia explains, the track stems from ongoing conversations she’s had about the role of tech in the world and how it affects everyone—especially younger people. That feeling is captured perfectly by Mark Carrenceja of Noisemaker Media, who also directed the video for lead single “Most PPL.” He utilizes a similar, stripped-down approach here with “Wonderful World,” though it’s a bleaker setting that fits the feeling and themes in the lyrics.
“The video takes place on a rooftop setting and conjures up the feeling of an isolated, dystopian wasteland,” Eternia says, adding that Rel’s production sounds like a frantic ode to modern tech. “It’s kind of like where the virtual world leaves us, symbolically, time and time again.”
Check out the visuals and go support the duo’s recently released collaborative album, FREE available now through all major DSPs and vinyl in a limited butterscotch color configuration, via Fat Beats.
Smart URL: https://smarturl.it/freethealbum
01. Free (The Intro) (feat. SHEAL)
02. From99 (feat. Wordsworth & Manny)
03. Home (feat. Shad & SHEAL)
05. The Story of Us (feat. Mr. Lif & Eliki Sol)
06. Most PPL
09. All the Men (feat. Phoenix Pagliacci)
10. Wonderful World
11. Secret (feat. Mr. Lif)
12. Let No Dream Fall
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/therealeternia
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/therealEternia
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/therealEternia
• YouTube: http://youtube.com/therealeternia
• Bandcamp: https://eternia.bandcamp.com
Rel McCoy Online:
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/relmccoy
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/RELMcCoy
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/relmccoy